Human Resources Compliance Manager
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Topgolf
- Conduct compliance health checks (a.k.a. audits) on a regular cadence in an effort to identify and remedy hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
- Collect and summarize all evidentiary information for employment lawsuits, state and federal agency complaints (EEOC, DFEH, DOL, etc) on a timely basis. Strong collaboration with Sr. HR Manager, Director, HR and outside counsel.
- Draft, modify and implement company policies and procedures as needed.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments at the local, state and federal level, recommend best practices to comply with new laws, communicate changes to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Proactively conduct thorough research of state laws for new venues and report legal requirements to ensure compliance prior to venue opening.
- Oversee legalities of background check process to ensure compliance (FCRA). This position may need to assist with processing background checks as needed.
- Prepare quarterly reports for Executive Management as it relates to Company state/federal complaints.
- Collaborate with HR Analyst to ensure compliance of EEO-1 reporting on a yearly basis.
- Collaborate with Director, Human Resources and Sr. Director of Compensation/Analytics to ensure compliance of FLSA standards.
- Work closely with HR Leads (Benefits, Recruiting, etc) to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations to prevent or mitigate risk.
- Work with outside compliance poster vendor (Cintas) and NDO to ensure venues have the most up to date legal information posted.
- Lead, track and oversee State/Federal required training as required (i.e. CA AB1825, etc).
- Manage I-9/E-verify compliance program for organization by: ensuring regulations are communicated, training new Office Managers on the requirements and electronic i9 system Topgolf utilizes, reporting on non-compliance, generating bonus calculations for quarterly incentives at the Venue level
- Ensure drug testing policies and procedures are compliant with state and federal law guidelines
- Complete other projects and tasks as assigned.
- 8+ years of related human resource compliance experience required - experience in a multi-unit entertainment, sports, restaurant and/or hospitality environment preferred
- Must have proficient knowledge of employment law/regulations in multiple states (ADA, EEOC, DFEH, etc).
- California employment knowledge is required.
- International employment law a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Expert verbal and written communication skills in English - bilingual English-Spanish skills preferred
- Proficient negotiation skills Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, diverse work environment
- Proficient organizational and project-management skills, including the ability to meet demanding, evolving, and overlapping deadlines
- Proficiency in use of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
Business Acumen: Using employment law and industry data to proactively identify Company risks and ensure compliance.
Building Partnerships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Communication - Proficient in clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that helps them understand and retain the message.
Leading Change - identifies and drives organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; catalyzing new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services.
Topgolf is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.