Member Onboarding Mgr
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Life Time Fitness
The Member Onboarding Manager is a leader who is results driven and action oriented with a strong passion for member facing interaction throughout their day. This leader owns all aspects of business acquisition with LT Training through an organized and passionate engagement with both our new and existing members. The M.O.M. will lead and manage a cohort of on-boarding specialists and other high member engagement fitness professionals each day, assuring that all of our members at Life Time Fitness are given the opportunity to be connected to their area of passion and reach their Healthy Way of Life goals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Member Experience
- Conducts fitness professional file audits each month.
- Manages the phone call log of all new members each month.
- Conducts shadows of member experience interactions to assure a quality experience.
- Assure the fitness floor experience is at LT expectations daily
- Reach out to all non-connected members in their first 90 days.
- Assure all Work out workshops are properly set-up and cast for
Sales & Promotion
- Manages the set-up and execution of major in-club LT Training events.
- Attend the weekly Sales meeting
Financial & Budgetary
- Plans and manages the execution of hitting the Sales-not-Service budget of location
- Plans and manages the execution of hitting new client acquisition goals.
- Maintain a personal book of business each week
Managerial & Supervisory
- Acts as the Manager On Duty during designated time blocks
- Completes a thorough business review each month
- Attend weekly business and education meetings
- Attend weekly leadership meeting
- Attend National Leadership Calls
- Run weekly Cohort meetings
Responsibilities of All Positions
Supports and articulate Life Time Fitness mission statement
Maintains Healthy Way of Life
Adheres to company policies and procedures
Ensures cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
o Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
o Sound to ensure music/ sound levels are appropriate
o Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
o Taste to ensure food & beverages in the caf © are up-to-standards
o Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
Demonstrates positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers
Safety responsibilities include:
- Complies with all company safety rules
- Uses all required safety devices and personal protection equipment
- Reports accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible
- Notifies department head of any unsafe acts or conditions as soon as possible
- Participates in safety training and safety inspections
- Suggests methods of preventing hazards to safety committee
High School diploma or GED
Four-year degree in kinesiology, sports medicine, or other related field (Or combination of education and experience)
- 1 years as a Life Time Training Personal Training Assistant Department Head is preferred.
- Twothree years sales experience
- One-year supervisory experience
- Oneyear managerial experience
- Two-years program design experience
- Three-years personal training experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Certified Personal Trainer (accredited certifications only)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine CPT (NASM) required
- Additional certification
- National Strength and Conditions Association (NSCA)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine CES (NASM)
- CPR/AED certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships with members
- Excellent customer service skills; energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Ability to handle and resolve customer conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Extensive knowledge of fitness, cardiovascular training, nutrition, program design, and exercise techniques
- Demonstrate exercises and adjust machine weights, free weights and cardiovascular equipment
- Strong leadership skills
- Outstanding promotional skills
- Excellent physical fitness, professional manner and discretion
- Awareness of potential injuries and ability to handle emergencies
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Ability to operate a computer and office software, Microsoft Word and Excel
Language AbilityIntermediateAbility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
Mathematical SkillsIntermediateAbility to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning AbilityIntermediate SkillsAbility to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires agility and the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done frequently. Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing and talking or hearing more than 2/3 of the time sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100. The vision requirements are close, distant, color peripheral, depth and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an athletic club environment and exercise studio. The noise level is usually moderate to high.