Sr Dir For Partnerships & Engagement, Sustainable
Posted on Nov 30, 2018 by Nike
We are transforming manufacturing with world-class standards that ensure our products are made responsibly and sustainably. Everything we do puts workers at the center. We are respecting the environment and using cutting-edge technologies to create better, more personalized products for our customers.
Many of the challenges we are seeking to address are complex and beyond the scope of one brand or company. We therefore need to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders, to think creatively, and pool our skills in order to address risks and improve outcomes for our manufacturing factories, workers, and their communities. This role will lead the development and execution of our strategy with NGOs, multi-stakeholder initiatives and colleges and universities in support Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing's vision to create a world-class manufacturing sourcebase.
In collaboration with senior leaders across Nike, including Sustainable Business & Innovation, you will represent the company, and guide the strategy for how we engage in industry coalitions and with leading external stakeholders in business, NGO's and academics in support of our mission to engage the worker and reduce environmental impact to drive business growth. Leadership, partnership, and influencing skills are key to the role. Subject matter expertise in sustainability (social and environmental) and business experience related to contract manufacturing is critical to your success in this role. You are committed to a vision of system change for the industry. You work to listen to people and find ways to build consensus and collaboration. You are a skilled communicator with exceptional political acumen. You remain calm in complex negotiations. You identify opportunities to drive supply chain transparency in support of business goals. You are comfortable managing complex issues to resolution.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Masters degree in business preferred
- 10+ years professional experience in business, sustainability, or operations
- Management-level strategic planning and performance management experience is required (8+ years)
- At least 3 to 5 years management experience
- Strong business acumen and superior quantitative and analytical problem solving skills
- Extensive and proven leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey complex information in a simple, easily understood to diverse groups of stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead collaboration across diverse teams within a large organization and inspire confidence to motivate groups collectively to meet common objectives
- Strong issues management skills
- Proven ability to interact with all levels, partnering, facilitating, and influencing
- Ability to network, influence, and utilize internal and external resources
- Ability to travel 30% of the time