Assistant Manager - Ocean Springs
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Planet Fitness
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting in the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience as well as maintaining a financially successful club. A successful candidate will demonstrate strong management traits and possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Requirements to Apply:
Assistant Manager candidates must have:
A minimum of 6 weeks of experience within the Planet Fitness organization
Have/maintain a valid driver's license and proof of personal vehicle insurance
No counsels or personnel file write up with the previous 90 day
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high performing staff consisting of Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Employee must be at least 18.
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Assist with Staff Management and provide backup support to Club Manager as needed.
- Assist in scheduling and supervising staff.
- Member service oversight - Ensuring staff is providing a superior customer experience always.
- Assist in resolving or escalating employee issues or concerns.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- Take prospective members on tours and new member sign-up.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues, and questions.
- Assist in overseeing cleanliness and maintenance of facility.
- Assist in inventory and ordering of supplies.
- Assist in tracking statistics and reports.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal integrity.
- Possesses high level of critical thinking and time management skills.
- Ability to perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
This position has direct reports and is responsible for scheduling, staffing, and managing all employees at gym. Position is also required to understand and can perform all duties and tasks that employee base handles for daily operations.
Ability to perform job duties as would be demonstrated by completion of high school or equivalent training, experience in modern computer systems and clerical operating procedures. Ability to read, write, count, and accurately complete required documentation. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Candidate may be required to pass background testing. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scope of Responsibility:
Knows the informal policies, procedures, and practices necessary to conduct the normal function of a specific section, unit, or work area. Is aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on the working unit.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment.
- Strong accounting and Microsoft Office Excel/spreadsheet based knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of accounting software functions.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to articulate and execute disciplinary action as needed based on employee performance.
- Cash handling experience.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 or more years work related experience.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in 10 key.
- Ability to type 40 WPM or greater.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- CPR certification.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally to walk, stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work overtime as required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Thorough knowledge of computer operations systems, internet surging and productivity suites (including but not limited to e-mail as well as word, database, spreadsheet, graphic, presentation and communication processing programs). Ability to use phone, computer, copy and fax machine.