Supervisor in Training
Posted on Nov 22, 2018 by Pga Tour Superstore
- Education: The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a G.E.D. or high school diploma.
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience in sales, management and associate development preferred.
- Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal skills. Candidates must possess good verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate cross-functionally. Candidates communicate expectations and instructions to associates to execute company programs.
- Analytical: Candidates must have strong strategic skills, be able to forecast business needs, and develop comprehensive solutions to complex problems. They must be able to identify opportunities and solutions to increase sales and improve operational processes.
- Computer: Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and the Internet.
- Organization: Candidates must be able to organize multiple priorities to ensure that resources are properly allocated to meet objectives. They must have strong organizational and intuitive skills to make sound decisions without direct supervision.
Physical Requirements: Supervisors must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb up and down a ladder, move throughout the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
Other: Supervisors must be able to accommodate a typical retail schedule, work a flexible work week, and work nights, weekends, and holidays.
OVERALL FUNCTION OF THIS POSITION:
- The Supervisor position is designed to provide an interim step for a manager to learn key aspects of managing an area of the store while being part of the store leadership team. This position is responsible for specific managerial responsibilities within his/her assigned areas. The Supervisor is responsible for maximizing sales in his/her area(s) and ensuring that standard operational procedures are implemented and operational processes are in place. This position has a focus on identifying sales opportunities and implementing plans and strategies to drive sales while maintaining a high standard of customer service. The supervisor must also be capable of motivating themselves and their respective team to accomplish these goals and objectives.
- The Supervisor works directly with the Co- Manager & Store Manager to provide leadership and team building essentials to the associates by driving sales and customer service.
- This position will assist in ensuring that sales are the number one priority while making sure that all customers are provided a world class shopping experience.
- The Supervisor is responsible for facilitating the ongoing development of his/her associates by making sure that they receive performance feedback and timely and effective training.
- This position is also responsible for providing ongoing communication with the Store and Assistant Managers regarding opportunities to improve merchandising, events, policies, and procedures.
- They are also responsible to ensure good in-stock levels and the execution of general inventory management practices.
- This position is critical to the development of our associates and the cultivation of our customers. The Supervisors position is responsible for partnering with fellow members of the management team to ensure the execution of company initiatives, programs, and processes to develop associates, cultivate customers, and provide every customer with a world class experience.
PGA Tour Superstore is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.