Coordinator, Social Content
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by National Football League
The Digital Media Group is currently seeking a Coordinator, Social Content who will help bring to life imaginative content and disruptive ideas. These ideas will be designed to grow and engage targeted audiences across all platforms on behalf of the NFL, specifically related to NFL History.
This individual must have a passion for and comprehensive understanding of the NFL, its clubs, players, and football history as a whole. The successful candidate will have experience at a professional sports or news organization, superior news judgment, and be obsessed with figuring out what people are sharing, liking, recommending, and talking about online.
This is a role for someone who can identify interesting conversations about football wherever they are happening, regardless of platform.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Select, prioritize, edit, curate, produce and post content of all types (text, video, photo, etc.) for use on NFL Social Media platforms (namely Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat) with the goal of maximizing traffic, engagement and growing our audience
- Demonstrate news and social judgment in editing and when determining what is socially relevant and what is not
- Evaluate and interpret performance analytics for the purposes of designing fan and follower growth strategies and engagement level improvements
- Write short and long-form copy in the defined voice and tone of each social media account, across all platforms, including emerging platforms
- Be able to plan (not just create) specific posts while executing a macro game plan
- Monitor the latest trends in the social and digital universe
- Ensure that all content is grammatically correct, factually accurate, and that the writing style is consistent with TheCheckdown.com's editorial and social policies and best practices
- Embrace new and innovative ways to tell news stories across NFL Media's social channels
- 1-2 years social media, content or editorial experience, preferably in sports
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics:
- Proven NFL knowledge that lends itself to sound news and social-worthy judgment
- Deep understanding of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit etc., and why content on those platforms becomes popular
- Must be willing to work early mornings, nights and/or weekends.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills familiarity with electronic communication
- Some knowledge of Photoshop or social photo applications preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to craft headlines, social media posts and live coverage that people want to SHARE and engage with
Expected Hours of Work:
- Nights and Weekends, especially during the NFL season