Social Media Editor
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by NBC Sports Group
The Social Media Editor will help manage SNY's social media presence to maintain consistent voice and own audience interaction across social media platforms.
- At the direction of the Editor-In-Chief and Senior Social Media Editor, will own and maintain SNY's brand and tone of voice across platforms to ensure consistency.
- Produce and edit video, images and GIFs for use across SNY.tv and social media platforms
- Pitch, write, create and curate content for social media platforms. Ensure that the posts reflect the tone and voice of SNY\u0027s content strategy.
- Optimize linear content to be published on SNY.tv and social platforms
- Build audience engagement with an understanding of data and analytics, identifying and monitoring trends
- Execute and measure marketing initiatives, including targeting and boosting, in coordination with the Multi-Platform Marketing Manager.
- Brainstorm, draft and implement strategies to guide our social media efforts.
- Cover events live across social platforms.
- Identify, pitch and write trending stories.
- Plan social-first editorial strategies, as well as custom content for visual platforms like Facebook videos and Instagram.
- Edit and cut videos for our various social media platforms.
- Run breaking news events across social media, including live tweeting and Facebook Live.
- Innovate new content strategies to broaden the brand\u0027s reach.
- Train reporters and editors across the newsroom in social media best practices.
- Stay up to date on the latest social media announcements and emerging technologies.