Account Dir, Operations and Finance, Global Sports
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Octagon
THE JOB / Account Director, Operations and Finance, Global Sports & Entertainment (Payment Services Client)
Are you looking to be a part of a global sponsorship and experiential program for a major brand? We have a unique opportunity for an Account Director to spearhead operations for our Global Sports and Entertainment team. Working directly with the Vice President, you will be the day to day operational lead for the team, overseeing over 100 events; managing the staffing, finances, contracts and processes that enable our global program to run effortlessly. You'll project manage multiple hospitality programs simultaneously; utilizing your superior attention to detail and excellent client management skills.
If you have exceptional management experience, and a background in operations, finance or client management, all with a global point of view, this opportunity is for you.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Design, develop and present strategic program recommendations and program execution guides
- Lead development and implementation of sponsorship marketing program
- Liaise with global partner and agency counterparts to ensure continuous integration and alignment
- Oversee overall program planning including budget management, asset approvals, compliance and security processes
- Management of precise financial records including: budget creation, client invoicing, budget forecasting, reconciliation, and personal travel expense
- Interface with an array of culturally diverse clients and/or guests
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for global marketing
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing or a related field and/ or 7 years' experience in marketing, partner management, or finance
- You have diverse experience that spans everything from event planning, finance, systems and operations
- You're an excellent project manager and can handle multiple programs and priorities simultaneously and within tight deadlines
- You have extensive budget management and/or reconciliation experience
- You thrive in a global work environment and within a matrix organization
- You're a team player who knows how to solve problems effectively and independently
- You have a desire to supervise, manage and mentor a team of employees here and abroad
- You have a can-do attitude and a desire to succeed
- Fluency (ability to speak, read and write) in multiple languages is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
NBC Sports Group
World Wrestling Entertainment
ARGA Investment Management, LP
Affinity Executive Search