Membership / Engagement Director
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by YMCA
Join a growing organization in the beautiful Berkshires, located in Pittsfield, MA.
Berkshire Family YMCA
Under the guidance of the CEO, the Engagement Director directs all aspects of membership for the Berkshire Family YMCA branches, including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of assigned staff at the Pittsfield Branch. The Engagement Director develops, plans and implements new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals. The Berkshire Family YMCA is made up of 2 branches and 10-child care and after-school sites.
- Education : Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in recreation management, physical education, or business or related field. One to two years related experience preferred.
- Experience: Previous supervisory, sales, marketing and customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge: Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent personal computer skills and experience with the standard business software.
- Personal Skills: Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Implements membership strategies that support the recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs welcome center personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
- Process and track scholarship/financial assistance applications.
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and property; takes appropriate action to correct variances.
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicate changes to staff. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
- Purchases supplies for Welcome Center and Property needs as approved.
- Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community and marketing events to promote the YMCA when needed.
- Leads assigned aspects of the fund-raising campaign.
- Participates in Lead Team meetings
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
YMCA Competencies (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y's values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
$36,000.00 - $42,000.00
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Resumes Accepted Until