Sr. Financial Analyst - Global Logistics
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Under Armour
The Sr. Financial Analyst - Global Logistics will be a key member of Logistics team and will report directly to the Manager, FPA - Global Logistics. This position will also work closely with Managers, Directors, and VP's throughout the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverage financial systems to create and distribute timely reporting of performance against forecast.
- Analyze drivers of month-end variances vs. budgets and drive accountability around cost saving initiatives.
- Develop & maintain planning/forecasting process - on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Partner with cross functional business leads on forecast expectations and develop strategies to maximize profitability to ensure financial targets are achieved.
- Quantify the financial impact of risks & opportunities and develop action plans to mitigate risks and realize opportunities.
- Execute financial rhythm of month-end close and prepare journal entries to support the close process.
- Create, optimize and maintain consistent scorecards for global distribution & transportation spend performance.
- Support global air freight updates, reporting and relative KPIs.
- Utilize metrics/data to support operational leaders in driving process improvements.
- Create insightful presentations that include findings from deep dive analyses and actionable recommendations that propel the business forward.
- Lead ad-hoc projects including analytical modeling, investment allocation, & ROI analyses.
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills including a solid understanding of financial concepts and application.
- Ability to effectively articulate ideas, results of financial analysis, and actionable recommendations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience studying all three financial statements with a solid understanding of accounting rules.
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to influence others and prioritize projects.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced / growth environment.
- Humble & Hungry.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration preferred
- 4-6 years of experience(inclusive of internships) in financial analysis/accounting
- SAP/IBPf/BPC or Hyperion experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Under Armour is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Under Armour depends solely on your qualifications.