Sr Accountant, Tax
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
We are looking for a forward looking, proactive leader with tax and accounting experience to facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of our company's state and federal tax forms. The ideal candidate is a team player who adds to the tax team working toward greater performance implementing new concepts and ideas and ability to integrate new businesses and systems as needed. The Corporate Tax Senior will assist in compliance with state, federal, and international tax law through a series of systems and system controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies. The ideal candidate is single minded in their pursuit of ensuring compliance and achieves this goal through collaboration and interpersonal skills sufficient to function successfully with other team members and groups within the Company.
The Corporate Tax Senior position includes tax and analytical support that may include but is not limited to:
- Facilitate the preparation and review the Company's income tax provision as dictated by ASC 740
- Facilitate the preparation and review company federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms; domestic and foreign
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business related filings
- Facilitate the implementation of transfer pricing policies and implementation including Country by Country Reporting and other BEPS directives
- Assist in implementing strategic tax planning for all necessary federal, state, and international taxes
- Maintain overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with tax team
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing/reviewing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation
- Research Accounting Standard Updates ("ASU") related to income taxes as well as research how any non-income tax related ASUs will affect income taxes
- Oversee and coach income tax accountant
- Assist with close, book entries, reconcile accounts; investigate discrepancies as needed
- Maintain incentive reporting packages
- Review initial responses to income tax notices
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- Master's Degree in Accounting or Tax a plus
- 3+ years of experience in a senior tax or public accountant role; informal coaching or mentoring a plus
- Experience with ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes required
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations
- Familiarity with US federal, state, and local reporting requirements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and stringent deadlines within a fast-paced environment is a must
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must have excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to effectively work with individually as well as with multiple departments and levels within the organization
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Preferred candidates have a current CPA license.