Head of Diversity and Inclusion
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by National Football League
The Head of Diversity & Inclusion will serve as the League's primary diversity and inclusion strategist.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversee the NFL's overarching diversity strategy, manage relationships/partnerships with external diversity programs/groups and drive measurable changeDevelop ideal future state and associated action plan including annual deliverables including appropriate metrics.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to implement plan and drive overall awareness.
- Work with Football and Business leadership at Clubs on identifying and developing diverse talent pipelines including on-field personnel
- Lead existing and future engagement efforts focused on strengthening the NFL's commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Develop strategies to assist in the recruitment and retention of staff
- Chair NFL Diversity Council Work with and provide guidance to existing Employee Resource Groups (ERG).
- Establish new ERGs as needed.
- Represent the NFL on panel discussions and speaking engagements
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 15+ years of experience leading and managing global HR and diversity initiatives for a large corporate entity OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Successfully demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining relationships with key constituencies including, but not limited to colleges and universities, diversity programs, veteran and disability programs, LGBTQ groups, and ERGs.
- Strong working knowledge of D&I best practices with a strong understanding of global and cultural issues as well as emerging trends.
- Demonstrated ability to create change management programs that reflect a strong culture of empowerment, inclusion, belonging, respect, and opportunity
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing and respecting diversity in the workplace
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, influence, and motivate others
- Ability to collaborate and build successful partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organized with the ability to establish priorities and meet strict deadlines Executive presence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Travel required, including weekends and holidays, as needed