Analyst, Credit & Collections
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Puma North America Inc.
For 70 years, PUMA has developed fast products for the fastest athletes on the planet. Every day, our 13,000 employees across 120+ countries rally our SPEED & SPIRIT to deliver the iconic footwear, apparel and accessories capable of pushing sport and fashion forward.
The PUMA world extends across Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf, Motorsports and design collaborations with icons such as Rihanna. But wherever you are, whether it's on the pitch, the runway or in the streets, the PUMA touch is instantly felt in the undeniable joy and excitement we bring to sport, fashion and culture. The PUMA Group owns the brands PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Manage an assigned portfolio for our wholesale customer accounts. This includes collection calls, account adjustments, customer deductions, small balance write-offs, customer reconciliations and processing customer refunds
- Review daily credit holds through review of customer history, industry credit reports, cash flow projection and financials to ensure timely release of orders
- Run and analyze weekly aging, deduction and top account past due reports finding root cause of issues that delay payments and cause deductions
- Determine accounts to be turned over to collection agency or attorney for further collection activity
- Negotiating payment plans and credit limits
- Set & maintain customer credit limits through financial analysis & credit research including but not limited to past payment performance, credit reports, industry analysis and risk assessment
- Establishing and maintaining effective and cooperative working relationships with other collectors, sales and customer service
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's values, policies and applicable laws
- Meet defined team goals and activity metrics
- Review customer's balance sheet and income statements as necessary to recommend credit line changes and determine risk and create projections
- Bachelor's degree preferred in business or related field
- 2-5 years of related credit & collection experience in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Intermediate knowledge with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with SAP and web based applications preferred
- Strong understanding of Billing, AR, and Credit and Collections procedures
- Proactive, problem solving approach to propose positive business solutions
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, positive team player with ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to handle confidential financial information appropriately
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented, analytical
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: