Analyst, Media Rights Consulting
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Octagon
The primary responsibility of the Analyst, Octagon Media Rights Consulting (MRC), will be to support the SVP Octagon MRC using business and data analytics. This position will also collaborate with Octagon Marketing and the industry-leading media analytics of Futures Sport & Entertainment to grow revenue for Octagon with the launch and growth of a media rights consulting business and drive revenue across the Octagon Sport & Entertainment network of agencies(OSEN).
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- The Analyst (Octagon MRC) will support the SVP in evaluating a range of sports media rights properties and be able to parse large data sets and analyze key industry media performance metrics as well as source new business opportunities across leagues, media platforms and investment firms:
- Must be proficient in SQL, Excel
- MBA preferred but not required
- Speaks Spanish preferred but not required
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 2-5 years of experience in analyzing, buying and/or selling media rights of major sporting properties, acquiring content for sports platforms, analyzing sports media rights related experience
- You have a passion for and expertise in media rights valuations and business analytics - specifically related to sports media rights
- A self-starter with a strong analytical background and a "challenger" brand mentality and a genuine desire to quickly grow the business.
- The Analyst of Octagon's media advisory practice needs to have a strong entrepreneurial attitude and ability to collaborate with OSEN colleagues.
- They need to be able to understand clients' commercial needs and then help develop and recommend appropriate media and business strategies.
- Strong intellect is required to distil client requirements into appropriate business solutions.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.