Sr Data & Analytics Platform Engineer-Technology
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
Amazon Cloud Engineer to support our team responsible for the management of day-to-day operations and maintenance of our cloud-based infrastructures to ensure smooth 24x7 operation. The right candidate will contribute to system design, capacity planning, operations, maintenance, implementation and sustainment activities across development, staging and production environments and will work closely with Engineering and Program Managers to ensure proper and timely deployment of customer's solutions.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Participate in system design planning, review, and implementation working groups.
- Participate in providing technology assessments in support of automation and technology migration initiatives.
- Recommend improvements; maintain/monitor production and non-production systems to ensure infrastructure performs at maximum efficiency.
- Provide support of our applications including escalation and system performance of production platforms.
- Develop and maintain plans to ensure successful recovery of operating systems in the event of a disaster, per DR policy.
- Perform systems analysis and tuning to ensure optimal operating systems response for multi-user applications.
- Implement/maintain IT security guidelines.
- Use innovative methods and technologies to identify and solve problems related to performance, scalability, reliability, and availability.
- Automating operational processes using scripting languages.
- Develop, implement, and continually improve system and network monitoring and alerting capabilities and procedures.
- Write knowledge base documents to improve operations, SOP and contribute to IT organization.
- Amazon Web Services operation, maintenance, implementation and design.
- Includes VPC maintenance/setup, EMR Clusters, EC2 management, IAM, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch, EBS management, AMI and more.
- Windows 2008 systems administration or Linux systems administration
- Strong scripting for task automation in Python or other complex language
- Cloud management system APIs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- General Linux (RedHat, CentOS) or Windows (2008, 2012) system administration practices.
- Strong scripting background for task automation and experience with cloud management system APIs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of networking infrastructures, including LAN, WAN, VPN, etc.
- Ensuring that solutions leverage industry best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation is required.
- Experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, web Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related authentication technologies
- Transport Layer Security / SSL principles and management
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent work experience in a technical or quantitative field; Masters or MBA degree a plus.
- Employment experience in a Fortune 100 company is a plus.
- 5+ years project experience deploying cloud solutions (AWS)
- 3+ years architecting and implementing Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies