Social Responsibility Program Assoc
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by National Basketball Association
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
Off the court, we're also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league's involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.
The Social Responsibility Program Associate will support the Social Responsibility group in creation, implementation and evaluation of NBA Cares brands and programs. This person will execute programs and campaigns that support community and marketing partnerships around NBA, WNBA, G League and 2K League Social Responsibility initiatives. The position will be located in New York office, but may include some travel to NBA New Jersey office and other locations as the business needs.
- Execution of NBA, WNBA, G League and 2K League Social Responsibility events and initiatives.
- Develop informative, comprehensive, and compelling presentations to meet the mission of the NBA through Social Responsibility.
- Assist on brand strategy across key Social Responsibility platforms including NBA Cares, NBA FIT, NBA Voices and Hoops for Troops.
- Work closely with the Social Responsibility team on departmental objectives and oversee the production of creative marketing materials for all programs.
- Manage existing corporate non-profit partnerships; provide support and guidance regularly to both internal and external parties to deliver on agreements.
- Work with Business Development group to help prospect and pitch both potential and existing marketing partners on our social responsibility platforms and programs.
- Support existing relationships with community and government partners while actively reaching out, engaging, and building new relationships focused on diversity and inclusion.
- Compile and provide internal reports and communications on the development and execution of programs while maintaining records and recommendations to be referenced for future programs and/or events.
- Research and track key developments, trends, and best-practices in the corporate social responsibility industry and communicate such developments as appropriate.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in event and/or program marketing.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience creating presentations in PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of content management systems for website population and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Ability to think creatively and communicate clearly, professionally, and persuasively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective at maintaining professional relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize effectively, exercise flexibility as needed, communicate changes/updates to team in a timely manner.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- 2-4 years of sports, non-profit or social justice-related work (preferably within a marketing agency or sports organization).
- Past experience volunteering at local community organizations.
- Extensive experience developing ideas and creating marketing presentations to convey organizational strategy.
4 Year College Degree (Or working towards completion)
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Social Media, Business Development, CSR, Project Manager, Marketing, Sales, Management, Technology