Head Women's Swim and Dive Coach
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Augsburg University
The head coach is responsible for planning and administration of the women's swim and dive program. The head coach provides vision, leadership and oversight for current student-athletes, prospective students-athletes, alumni, parents and supporters of the program.
- Instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts, safety, and sport-specific skills on both an individual and team basis.
- Identify and recruit talented and qualified prospective student-athletes according to recruiting goal established by Athletic Director.
- Determine and select rostered team members; exercises full-discretion of student-athlete playing time/competitive opportunities.
- Teach, advise and mentor student-athletes on life-skills.
- Maintain acceptable place-finish in accordance with Augsburg University Athletics program standards.
- Monitor and support academic progress of student-athletes/teams to meet/exceed athletic department standards; intervenes with appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Maintain acceptable student-athlete retention rates to the team and/or institution.
- Create sport/event-specific practice and meet plans, analyze film and facilitate team meetings.
- Supervise Assistant Coach(es) and/or graduate fellow(s) (if applicable).
- Oversee all areas of budget management, fundraising, travel planning and program organization.
- Alumni/parent communication and involvement, including organizing events as appropriate.
- Organize and participate in team community-service event(s).
- Involvement with camps and clinics.
- All other duties as apparent or assigned by supervisor(s).
- Minimum of three (3) years of coaching and recruiting experience required.
- Knowledge and adherence to the MIAC Code of Ethics and follow MIAC and NCAA Division III guidelines and regulation, while exhibiting behavior that represents a positive image of the athletic program and the university.
- Proven integrity and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to build and strengthen cross-campus relationships.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work environment.
- Ability to be attentive to details, be accurate, be precise.
- Ability to lead/teach and mentor others.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to reason/analyze; maintain confidentiality; and demonstrate patience, understanding.
- Ability to show initiative; organize workflow; manage one or more projects; and handle frequent interruptions.
- Masters degree.
- College-level coaching/recruiting experience.