Senior Front-End Engineer
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by MLB Advanced Media
Position: Senior Front-End Engineer
Reports to: Director, Software Engineering
The Senior Front-End Engineer? position is responsible for creating the code powering the baseball experience as part of Major League Baseball Advanced Media?. Launched in 2001 as the tech arm of Major League Baseball, MLBAM is renowned for creating experiences that baseball fans love - and we're just getting started!
This position offers the opportunity to collaborate with other world-class engineers, product developers, and designers; contribute to award-winning and complex apps and systems; influence the innovation of products used by millions globally; and work in a highly collaborative, results-oriented, team environment.
Using cutting edge technology, our software is consumed by fans, broadcasters, stadiums, MLB Clubs and the League itself. We are looking for Software Engineers that are passionate about building new technologies for the baseball industry.
Core Responsibilities: Coding
- Write clean, concise, modular code that is easily testable
- Work on a frontend technology stack such as Angular, Express, and React
- Participate in an agile environment
- Participate in the full software development life cycle (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
- Participate in code reviews and mentor others
- Lead and take ownership of critical projects and your own initiatives
- Introduce technologies you feel passionate about
- Influence the innovation of products used by millions of users worldwide
- Influence the way that baseball is consumed by millions of users worldwide
- An avid learner, independent with excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience building large and scalable applications
- Strong proficiency with CSS and experience with CSS preprocessors such as SASS and LESS ? Experience writing robust maintainable code, managing technical debt and making use of appropriate code quality tools (ESLint, Jest, Enzyme, etc.) and testing frameworks (Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.)
- A solid understanding of front-end build and development tools such as Webpack, Babel, and npm
- Experience developing Responsive websites capable of running on a variety of browsers and devices
- Strong knowledge of web security practices
- Computer science/engineering degree --or- equivalent experience
- Experience developing PWAs (Progressive Web Apps)
- Experience using JVM languages (Java, Scala, Kotlin…)
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services ? Exposure to SQL/NoSQL databases