Customer/Vendor Data Product Dir
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Tech brings together technology and process expertise to create value for the consumer. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology capabilities that enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Our focus is on providing Lean solutions that eliminate waste, maximize consumer value, and drive profitable business growth.
As the Customer/Vendor Data Product Director, in Data and Analytics, you will work across many different Nike teams to drive the vision and deliver to the roadmaps for Customer360 and Vendor360. This will require working with technology and business teams and owning the prioritization of all work related to customer and vendor data across the Nike enterprise.
The team needs a strong Product Owner with experience working in an agile environment, who will represent the voice of both the customer and Product Management vision to the teams. As a Product Owner you will be working closely with Product Management, stakeholders, and architects in collaboration to define and prioritize features and stories to ensure alignment with customer and program needs.
- Anticipate the needs of, collaborate with and act as the voice of the customer for one or two interrelated teams
- Work with Product Management to define the product, ensure it is integrated into the Program and communicate the vision to the Agile Team(s)
- Frequently provide input on the Product Roadmap; actively identify and solution for risks and constraints; continually identify dependencies and coordinate with dependent teams
- Own, maintain, and prioritize their team's product backlog(s); facilitate feature mapping, break features into stories, define acceptance criteria, ensure capacity for enablers and defects
- Ensure teams have the full context and understanding of customers and business environment to create valuable solutions
- Ensure the readiness of the work, accept or reject work results, and that the work is aligned to the Product Roadmap
- Prioritize and make trade-offs based on understanding of strategies, budget, epics, enabler requirements, defects, dependent teams, goals and the value features and stories bring to customers and the business
- Assist in removing roadblocks for the Agile Teams
- Be the final decision maker for prioritization of the team's work
- Work with the team(s) to ensure all stories are supported, clear, and delivered in high quality
- Understand how features are performing, the level of customer satisfaction, and provide suggestions for improvements
- Prior experience working with Customer and/or Vendor related data preferred
- Advanced understanding of the Agile principles and methodologies and how they're applied in workplace culture
- Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others
- In-depth understanding of technology systems and the ecosystem the team works in to help team in overcoming roadblocks
- Effective collaboration and relationship management
- Excellent team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills
- Effective facilitation skills within teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Experience resolving issues with higher levels of management
- Experience leading cross-functional work
- Proven ability to respond to and prioritize changing demands effectively
- Experience leading others in resolving complex issues
- Ability to anticipate customer need
- Experience in developing innovative solutions
- Minimum 8 years relevant work experience with bachelor's degree or 10 years in lieu of a degree
- Experience working with Agile teams
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools, VersionOne preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.
- Previous experience as a team lead/manager preferred
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with Nike business and technology partners at a global level, build consensus, and explain difficult issues
- Ability to communicate, influence and partner effectively using strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to apply best practices and knowledge of internal/external business challenges to improve products, processes, or services, solving complex problems
- Ability to Interpret the customer needs, assessing requirements and identifying solutions
- Ability to work independently, receiving minimal guidance
- Strong leadership identity and proven collaboration skills
To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy individuals, all candidates must successfully complete a thorough background investigation prior to receiving any offer of employment from Nike.
Have we piqued your interest? Good, then a generous benefits package will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.
As soon as you post your resume, our technical recruiter will be immediately notified. We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.