Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Fox Sports
The YES Network, the most-watched regional sports network in the country in 11 of the past 12 years, owns the exclusive local TV rights of the 27-time World Champion New York Yankees, the Brooklyn Nets and Major League Soccer's New York City FC. YES, which has earned 92 Emmy Awards since its 2002 launch, also televises original biography, interview and magazine programs, college sports and Manchester City soccer. YES has been named the 7th-most valuable sports business brand in the world the past three years by Forbes magazine.
The YES Network is currently looking for an Associate Producer to join its studio in Stamford, CT. Under the supervision of the Coordinating Producer, the Associate Producer will be expected to write, edit and produce segments for the NY Yankees, Brooklyn Nets, and NYCFC as well as shoulder programming for the YES Network. Responsibilities include overseeing/executing field shoots and editing/working with editors; coordinating and producing special projects; assisting in production of pre- and post-game shows; giving feedback and direction to Production Assistants and Interns, all in a very fast-paced studio environment. The successful candidate must be able to develop story ideas and implement coverage plan from start to finish; and will be expected to build/strengthen relationships with crucial team partners; assisting in season long special projects; and working on live events in a truck or studio, with primary responsibilities.
- Avid editing features for pre/post-game shows as well as constructing segments and features
- Write and field produce features and other associated content for shoulder programming
- Assist in story and feature development. Gather content through extra material not aired, or through production ideas.
- Work closely with team partners and sales to ensure their messaging is being delivered accurately and organically in our broadcasts.
- Content Contributor to all platforms and levels of our network.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications / Broadcasting.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a Production Assistant or Associate Producer with a broadcast or cable network.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with good organizational and project coordination skills.
- Needs to be a problem solver who can act in a high pressure atmosphere.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience editing on Final Cut Pro or AVID is required.
- Must show an ability to work well with team partners, producers, and other colleagues.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a high pressure environment.
- Must have experience with both linear and non-linear editing.
- Must have proficiency with full use of production equipment including ENG Camera, Editors with Avid software, Libero Technology, and full understanding of the technical positions in our broadcast studio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.