Responsive Material Planner Apparel And Equipment
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
As an Responsive Material Planner for Apparel and Equipment within the Demand and Supply Management (DSM) organization, you will play a central role in helping the Company deliver on a key pillar of the Triple Double: 2X Speed. We are driving an end-to-end revolution from design through manufacturing to create a product creation and supply chain cycle that is meaningfully shorter than our current process. You will partner across the Enterprise to develop, communicate and execute strategic plans that drive Responsive priorities for materials. You'll partner with cross functional global and geography teams to help identify and evaluate critical strategic priorities and problems, and you will catalyze action against these priorities.
Doing all this requires a unique individual. You must be a self-starter, flexible thinker and outstanding communicator, as well as experienced in driving largescale change. You will need those skills as you work not only across multiple functions but also across multiple geographies, living within Nike's matrixed organization. Success will depend on your ability to quickly form both professional and personal relationships with colleagues and drive to rigorous, well communicated deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management or a related field
- 2+ years' work experience in a planning, forecasting, materials, or reporting related environment
- 2 years' additional relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- Solid analytical, statistical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and being a self-starter
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and changing demands
- Strong collaboration, listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in Excel, analysis, and reporting