Mgr, Direct Store Analytics
Posted on Nov 22, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike's stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
As a Manager, Direct Store Analytics you will be using data to help inform store leadership on the best path forward to better serve our Nike Direct consumers and their evolving needs. You will provide insights that will shape our strategy in all business aspects including Product, Service and Environment. You will support a cross-functional team on initiatives that impact our global store fleet and help guide our partners on how to interpret and understand data-driven results.
This position requires a high-energy, self-motivated individual with strong technical and analytical skills, high detail-orientation and excellent written and verbal communication. Candidates with financial, strategic planning or business analytics experience in a retail environment preferred. The right individual will be on top of retail trends; understand the intricacies of a wholesale versus retail model and understand the opportunities that can drive the Nike brand.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or a related field (an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of a related degree).
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Advanced SQL skills required.
- Moderate to advanced Tableau skills preferred.
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypotheses and make recommendations required.
- Strong presentation skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, including results packaging and development of management presentations.
- Experience synthesizing and packaging complex analyses and delivering results to non-technical audiences including senior leadership teams.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships across a multi-layered organization required.
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors, and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred.
- Familiarity with Nike product types and how they are marketed and distributed is strongly preferred.