Global Merch Mgr, Kids Footwear
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nike
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness. Employees in merchandising, product branding, sports marketing and sales bring creativity, innovation and audacious design to footwear and apparel, all with one mission in mind: help athletes fly on and off the court.
Global Category Merchandising drives assortment direction focused on category consumer right assortments to ensure a holistic, premium, differentiated and elevated marketplace. Global Merchants are responsible for driving the category vision marketwide and working with their Geo partners across the integrated marketplace to drive well-informed assortment strategies.
As our Merchandising Manager for Jordan Kids FW, you will be responsible for the following:
- Managing assortment strategies that enable segmentation and differentiation for the globe.
- Bring the global strategy to life through creating modular based assortment frameworks that become consumer right assortments that deliver financial goals
- Understanding the consumer and the marketplace across all geographies.
- Drive strategic conversations with Product and Sales teams, informed by marketplace capacity and E2E planning
- Own seasonal execution as it relates to initiatives, assortments, and strategic vision.
- Collaborate cross-categorically, and ensure merchandising strategies are executed in harmony each season
- Partner with our Nike Direct counterparts to drive and execute consumer right assortments for Nike Retail and Concept destinations
- Develop and maintain key relationships between our cross-functional teammates, ensuring alignment and collaboration at all key gates and dates.
- Foster key relationships with Geography counterparts, ensuring timely communication and tools empowering regional execution of assortment strategies, segmentation, and product knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business, Marketing, or a related field
- 4 years' of proven and tested experience in merchandising, buying or integrated retail related role
- Demonstrate strong consumer / marketplace understanding
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate, lead, negotiate and influence
- Strong business management including analytical aptitude, and retail acumen
- Ability to partner, collaborate, keep an open mind
- Proficiency in key applications including Keynote, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. MMX and AV, are a plus
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time