Sr. Collections Analyst
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
Fanatics is seeking a Senior Collections Analyst that will be responsible for the collection of an assigned business to business portfolio. This individual will be directly responsible for the collection of receivables to ensure payments are received within terms, while protecting the organization against unnecessary risk and bad debt exposure.
- Must have experience collecting in a business to business (B2B) environment, including Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies
- Ability to problem-solve, think independently, and be persistent in bringing issues to conclusion
- Build relationships with key Fanatic's customers and internal departments, including Sales and Customer Service.
- Conduct collection calls using telephone, e-mail, and/or customer website portals to secure payments and resolve any issues preventing payments from being issued
- Actively prioritize and monitor customer accounts, learning reasons for non-payment and understand the necessary steps to bring to resolution
- Responsible for monitoring payment behaviors on accounts to identify when customer is at risk of defaulting on balance due to ensure no further exposure is at risk
- Negotiate customer disputes to resolution and document root causes of payment issues.
- Provide invoice copies, reconcile accounts, and perform other general accounting duties to obtain payment.
- Coordinate with Sales, Customer Service, and Management to accelerate the collection process
- Responsible for processing payments, including credit cards, checks, ACH, and wires.
- Maintain clear documentation of all communication with customers and departments
- Knowledge of Bankruptcy, Credit Laws, and Processes
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the AR/Credit Department
- Must be comfortable communicating directly with customers by either phone or e-mail, displaying ownership and problem solving in assignments
- 6+ years of business to business credit experience
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Strong Math Skills, with the ability to reconcile accounting data
- Strong Excel skills, including vlook-ups
- NACM Certification Preferred
- Ability to build solid working relationships with co-workers and internal/external customers at all levels
- Effective professional communication skills with all levels of management
- Strong ability to analyze information and make sound decisions
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast paced environment, while meeting assigned deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including Excel and navigating customer online portals
- Solid negotiation skills
- Position may be demanding because of deadlines and interruptions to work
- Must have the ability to travel as needed, to support the business