Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by AEG
The Director of Product owns the product roadmap and communicate across the organization what is necessary and relevant for any given context relevant to the products. This roe ensures that resources and cycles are devoted to the tasks that align with strategic objectives of the department and works closely with engineering teams to drive product development efforts and participates in managing project schedules, dependencies, and drives cross-functional initiatives. The Director of Product stays up to date with competitors and keeps the company informed on key issues that could impact the product roadmap or create valuable new opportunities.
- Supervise products through various launch phases and follow-on releases
- Work directly with engineers to translate product requirements into technical documentation
- Work closely with CRM and Media and Project Management teams to drive the ideation, planning, development and launch of new capabilities and hardening of existing ones
- Provide leadership to the internal product team, instilling best practices, providing guidance as needed, and generally raising the quality and consistency of the team
- Work as liaison for the department, ensuring that our efforts and capabilities are properly represented and expertly applied to new use cases
- Blend the needs of our users and goals of the company into a set of features that improves usability and improves team performance
- Explores new developments in the digital marketing and live event spaces that could alter or impact our product roadmap
- Actively to understand, and seek opportunity within, the broader organization to find areas of common growth through our custom technology stack
- Know our internal users, their challenges, and how they deal with those challenges today (including through competitive products). Inform better solutions and optimization.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in a related field (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 7 years of related work experience
- Experience successfully managing internal and external dev teams
- Advanced knowledge of the mechanics and best practices of tracking and marketing automation
- Demonstrated experience in JIRA / Confluence a must
- Experience building on Azure highly desirable
- Knowledge of the technical architecture of complex and scalable solutions
- Ability to distill complex technical matters depending on your audience
- Desirable: SQL, Deep knowledge of Google and Facebook technology offerings in the context of integration and automation (APIs, offerings)
- Highly Desirable: Front end development work related to clickstream data, js, .NET
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook) and ability to learn required business systems.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.