Enterprise Systems Engineer
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Trek Bicycle Corporation
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and bicycle related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world's most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We also appreciate new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done quickly, turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bicycle, and have a blast while doing it!
Work as a member of the Global IT Infrastructure team to provide both operational and project services to a global user base. Provide operational support services across a range of technologies - expertise in Systems Administration (Windows/Linux), Active Directory, Storage, virtualization, and cloud management are core to this role.
- Provision and maintain server infrastructure, both in traditional data centers as well cloud infrastructures including Azure and AWS
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and applications problems
- Research, identify and evaluate ways to improve systems administration tasks such as patching, imaging, server provisioning, and overall automation of repeatable tasks
- Address 3rd level customer support issues escalated from Help Desk; troubleshoot difficult cases, document resolution and share findings with the group
- Follow internal procedures which include change management, incident management, and problem escalation
- Develop processes that leverage known industry standards (ITIL/Six Sigma)
- Build and maintain an IT Operations documentation library
- Other responsibilities and key result areas will be assigned as required
- Technical lead skills throughout a project lifecycle
- Design technology solutions leveraging proposed architecture
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Associates degree in computer science and/or minimum of 2 years' experience in the computer field.
- 2+ years minimum experience in Systems Administration, Networking, PC Support roles and Architecture/Design.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience managing Azure or AWS cloud infrastructure
- Domain expertise with MS Operating systems, Virtualization technologies, storage technologies, and Active Directory required.
- vSphere Management and Administration
- Nutanix Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Administration
- Experience in scripting languages (ie. PowerShell, VBScript, Perl, etc)
- Solid knowledge of standard protocols TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc
- IT Security Best Practices
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems or produce complex solutions
- Ability to create both technical and non-technical end-user documentation
- Demonstrates an aptitude for continuous learning and personal development.
- Works well under pressure with changing priorities and not always predictable workload
- Team work - Enjoys working as a member of a team, fosters a team environment, is an active and positive participant in forming a team-oriented culture.
- General organizational skills
- Effective Communication - Communicates well in both written and verbal mediums. Can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Orchestration skills
- VCP/MSCE Certifications
- Expert Linux Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Global support experience is a bonus
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish