Director, Premium Services
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment
This position is responsible for establishing the sales, service and renewal strategies for the Premium Services department. Other responsibilities include hiring, training, and overseeing the management process for all Premium Services team members. The incumbent is also expected to sell and renew Brooklyn Nets Courtside season ticket packages. Position dual reports to the Sr. Director Member Services and SVP, Ticket Strategy & Operations and participates in special projects/project team(s) as assigned, to support department objectives.
Brooklyn Nets LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the hiring, training, coaching and supervision of Account Executive, Premium Services;
- Achieves and exceed yearly team and personal sales and renewal goals set by the SVP Ticket Strategy & Operations;
- Pursues, solicits, and sells new business while exploring opportunities to up-sell existing Courtside Season Ticket Members;
- Demonstrates his/her ability and drive to meet and exceed team and personal revenue goals;
- Makes telephone and face-to-face sales calls on accounts and promptly follows up with appropriate action in order to move the sales process forward;
- Provides superior customer service for all current and new Courtside Ticket Members;
- Understands and uses various tools within the organization, such as CRM and Archtics to follow all office and company standard operating procedures;
- Actively supports specific club initiatives, such as referral, membership and influencer programs;
- Maintains and utilizes a thorough knowledge of the team, arena services, and Courtside Ticket Member benefits;
- Assists with game night operations in all Brooklyn Nets hospitality areas at Barclays Center;
- Attentively listens and comprehends Courtside Ticket Member needs;
- Actively coordinates with other departments to ensure the quality of the Courtside Ticket Member experiences from initial sale, to billing, to service, etc.;
- Tactfully handles and resolves team and Courtside Ticket Member's issues and follow up appropriately;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree required;
- 7 years' experience in sales and customer service working for a professional sports franchise;
- Must have some proficiency in ticketing systems; managing ticket inventory and manipulating prices.
- Preferably at least one year of management experience.
- Knowledge of CRM and Archtics database ticketing systems;
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook and related software skills;
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
- Strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
- Self-directed and able to work independently, but also a flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Strong ability to manage one's own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making skills
May be required to travel on rare occasions (
You primarily work in an office environment, however is expected to attend Brooklyn Nets games, which may take place on evenings, weekends or holidays.