Sr. Brand Manager, Global Media
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
In this role you will need to think like our global consumer. That means understanding how they consume, share and engage with brand media on and across platforms and touchpoints, and then building media plans that deliver for the brand and the business.
This is a highly collaborative role that will work across the marketing organization as well as our cross-functional partners. You will work with the Global Brand Marketing leadership team to set and extend seasonal strategy and stories, as well as develop social media specific strategy and calendars.
While this role is global, it will have also have direct ownership of media and social for the US.
- Champion and steward the Columbia brand externally and internally in all decisions and consumer facing content/experiences/channels.
- Translate the global brand strategy and seasonal brand plans into actionable, channel-right media strategy and plans.
- Create media plans that support and extend our brand stories across the consumer journey (awareness, consideration, purchase, loyalty, advocacy).
- Ownership of global media strategy (optimization for global content)
- Global Media Agency management
- Support to regions with media buying best practices
- Global media alignment facilitator, connecting efforts where sensible
- US/Global social media strategy and reinvention
- US/Global social media management, including managing day to day
- Managing a team of social and media specialists to achieve the above.
- Adopt and adapt global media strategy for the US market ensuring team needs.
- Work closely with media agency partner on path-to-purchase media strategy, planning, and execution.
- Collaborate with North America Director of Marketing to develop advertising and marketing strategies for US market.
- Manage all global and North America media programs to ensure budget planning/allocation/tracking, media planning/execution, media measurement metrics (data & analytics), online tracking, forecasting & reporting on results
- Review, critique, and approve all media briefs and plans.
- Create and maintain Global and US media calendars that track the development and execution of all key seasonal marketing projects.
- Own, manage, and foster relationships with media agency as well as key media partners and vendors. Act as point of contact and middle-person for all category and channel leads.
- Ensure proper media tracking and reporting in partnership with all internal teams to deliver a better understanding of consumer media behavior.
- Stay up to date on latest media trends and share broadly and acting as the organizations media expert.
- Innovate and push the brand's use of media forward
- Oversee a team of experts and fostering their growth within the brand (social, content, and brand partnerships).
- 5+ years of brand media experience.
- College degree required, advanced degree a bonus but not required.
- Experience managing and mentoring teams of 3-5 direct reports.
- Experience with global media planning and buying
- Strong social media fluency in strategy, content, paid media, community management, analytics, and platforms.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age