Sr Software Engineer, Devices
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by MLB Advanced Media
The Devices team at Major League Baseball is searching for new members at our Boulder, Colorado office. We are looking for experienced Software Engineers who are excited to work on the applications and platforms our fans love.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Devices team, you will ensure clean, concise, modular code in an agile environment, provide code reviews and act as a leading voice for platform development.
In this role, you will apply a solid knowledge of web development within our ecosystem of devices as we refine existing apps and shift to new and exciting product initiatives.
- Work closely with technical project managers, product groups, fellow engineers and MLB engineering leadership
- Contribute to a collaborative culture among all team members
- Participate in the full lifecycle of software development (Requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
- Join a world class team that is helping to shape the way fans interact with baseball
- 6-10 years of software development experience
- Deep knowledge of more than one programming language
- Knowledge of various development methodologies
- Working knowledge of one or more analytics platforms
- Experience with one or more advertising networks either within the web, native app, streaming video, or connected devices context
- Experience using version control systems such as Github
- Experience with cloud-based tools and technologies
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Familiarity with multiple JS frameworks and libraries (e.g. AngularJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of web markup (HTML5 and CSS3)
- Significant experience working within an Agile environment (referencing user stories, participating in sprints, daily scrums and retrospectives)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with one or more connected TV devices
- Exposure to ABR video streaming technologies (HLS, DASH)
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Minimum 6 years
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!