Director, Intelligence Operations
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by National Football League
The NFL Director of Intelligence Operations will be responsible for multiple Intelligence and Integrity programs including Global Operations Command Center (GSOC). The GSOC will monitor worldwide events and news that may affect the league and serve as the primary point of contact for all emergencies and security incidents. The Director will be responsible for coordinating and communicating a timely and appropriate response impacting the NFL's venues, fans, players, staff, game integrity, and infrastructure.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide senior leadership & expertise across all aspects of the NFL's effort to monitor threats from terrorism & criminal matters, collect intelligence, gaming integrity, perform impact analysis and report to key decision makers and stakeholders.
- Identify & develop security programs to protect the most valuable assets of the NFL, to include critical business activities, physical infrastructure, human resources, intellectual property and business relationships.
- Coordinate & support efforts of identification, preservation, & analysis of publicly available data on gambling and game integrity matters.
- Develop and execute new initiatives to simplify, standardize and optimize threat monitoring operations methods and tools to reduce analysis and reporting times and increase security, availability, service agility, and global synergy across all NFL equities.
- Establish best-practice methodologies for incident/change/problem management in a global, 24-hour, high-volume, high-availability, critical production environment.
- Develop and drive the development of innovative threat reporting operations processes and tools from concept to delivery
- Provide executive leadership to manage demands from projects and technology upgrades, including recommendations for vendor tools/solutions and global alignment of networks.
- Oversee operations projects ; Keen understanding of budgets, financials and measuring business value via leading-edge metrics.
- Mentor, manage and motivate a high-performing team of senior managers/analysts and/or senior professionals and set clear priorities to achieve department goals.
- Management of multiple programs with our cyber security team to include; Insider Threat, Global Travel Tracking, and Continuity of Operations.
- Work closely with the CISO to ensure that information security and risk management are embedded within the culture, drive coordination, consensus and execution to mitigate cyber risk issues and emerging threats.
- Develop, implement, and periodically reevaluate policies and procedures for GSOC operations
- Serve as the primary point of contact and first responder for league staff involving all safety and security incidents
- Produce reports, to include briefings, for executive staff and appropriate league personnel
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Advanced degree preferred (Masters / JD).
- 10+ years of related experience, with a minimum of 2 years' experience in intelligence or working in an intelligence operations center
Preferred Education and Experience:
- A high level of analytical and broad software application based skills
- Strong troubleshooting, testing and software tool comparison experience
- Experience with leveraging multiple sources of information for problem solving
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics:
- Working knowledge of news reporting sources and real-time monitoring of current events
- Excellent grasp of current social media platforms and trends
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a professional, calm demeanor when in stressful situations
- Ability to effectively multi-task and perform in emergencies
- Proven track record as a strong communicator - written and oral presentations, capable of creating detailed written reports
- Proficiency in the use of investigative databases
- Must be able to deal effectively with different types of people, at all levels of internal and external organizations
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Manage contract and full-time analysts and staff
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time
- This position will have little travel, anticipated 10%
Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full time position with work on weekends, evenings, and special events
The Madison Square Garden Company
National Football League
Morgan Stanley USA