Sr. Product Line Mgr - Jerseys
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
Senior Product Line Manager- Jerseys
Owns assortment and product management for assigned business/category, which includes, Product Brief, margins and style count management. Product Brief through Sell In.
- Drive key product concepts, including the creation of key stories and product, that generates an emotional connection to the brand and consumer
- Create comprehensive line plans by Distribution Channels and Leagues based on Category Direction
- Translate consumer insights into commercially viable, trend-relevant stories
- Plan product lines with the understanding of a finished, chase and blank inventory opportunity.
- Brief the design team on direction based on seasonal needs, art and speed to market
- Utilize and optimize the merchant planning team to track and define key business opportunities.
- Take ownership of category margins and business portfolio management, including but not limited to regional pricing, SKU management, and product performance in market
- Manage channel segmentation, including partnering with buyers to present product at key times during the year.
- Present your product line to the ecommerce, buying, and in-venue teams to ensure a clear handoff as the selling season begins.
- Ensure alignment between sales, product, marketing, buyers and the supply chain
- Drive ecommerce and wholesale MSRP to achieve category margin and profitability targets
- Constantly analyze the competitor landscape to drive our ability to build new growth opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Merchandising, Manufacturing, Apparel or related field; or a commensurate level of professional experience (8+ years) is acceptable without a degree
- Minimum 5 years of product merchandising/creation experience
- Yes, requires 1-2 years of people management experience
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in product line planning
- Must be comfortable presenting to both internal and external clients in a polished and professional manner
- Understanding of merchandise buying and basic math/financial skills
- Advanced experience with fashion, color and trend analysis
- Ability to work in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Expert capability in identifying right product to meet brief requirements
- Demonstrated experience in using and utilizing sales data to analyze and steer a business
- Intermediate skill level in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook, as well as familiarity with data warehouses and database management
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the job
- Sports fan a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen, and communicate on a phone.