Coordinator Pro Tennis Operations
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by USTA
Assist with the year round functions of USTA Pro Tennis Operations and specifically Tournament Operations-related functions of the US Open.
- Assist the Manager, Player Services in player-related work throughout the year and at the US Open which include the following:
- Coordinate creation of marketing materials for US Open player communications (online registration forms, Player Handbook, Transport Guide, Visa forms, Wild Card forms, fact sheets)
- Coordinate signage (digital and printed) for all US Open Player areas and other events as needed
- Coordinate US Open Visa Request process
- Assist with US Open Wild Card request processes
- Update US Open Players Only website
- Assist with hiring of US Open seasonal/temporary staff; maintain organizational charts of roles
- Assist as a Player Relations point of contact for the Nursery staff
- Support/assist player ticketing efforts as needed
- Assist the Manager, PT Operations with overseeing specific areas in Player Operations during the US Open which include the following:
- Assist with the compilation of information, update and maintain the annual US Open Tournament Operations Manual and Top Line Binder
- Assist as a Tournament Operations point of contact for female locker room staff.
- Assist with day-to-day US Open Tournament Operations data management and distribution
- Coordinate technology support: Radios, Loaner Laptops, Printers, Digital Signage, etc.
- Coordinate with Entertainment Department as needed for ceremonies
- Create and compile after-action reports; create task list improvements and track progress throughout year.
- Assist with the US Open ball person recruitment program and on-boarding process
Perform other duties and tasks assigned by Senior Pro Tennis Operations staff
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Past experience or strong interest in Event Operations preferred.
- 3-4 years of experience
- Previous experience in a customer service role
- Strong ability to interact with all levels of management
- Strong ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced sports industry environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Tennis interest or knowledge a plus