Payroll Tax Analyst
Posted on Nov 22, 2018 by Troon Golf
Troon's Corporate Office in Scottsdale, AZ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Payroll Tax Analyst. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs.
This position will be responsible for payroll tax processing for a complex multi-entity environment. This includes proper tax filing, Year-end and W2 filings, and vendor management. The successful candidate will thrive in an ever changing, goal oriented environment.
Key Responsibilities of the Payroll Tax Analyst:
• Responsible for payroll tax filing of quarterly payroll tax returns using 3rd party tax vendor.
• Completes year-end tax filings including W2's and W2c's as required
• Serves as the system expert for all aspects of tax withholding and tax compliance
• Requests new tax agency accounts and manage account set-up with third party vendor
• Reviews all new property transitions for new tax agencies and ensure tax compliance
• Responsible for state unemployment compliance, ensure correct tax withholding and remittance.
• Prepares amended tax returns as needed, and submit timely to required agencies
• Reviews worker compensation rates within system and provide required data for annual audit
• Supports payroll invoicing process and journal entry as needed
• Completes Payroll tax account reconciliations
• Completes tax reporting for taxes that are not supported by 3rd party vendor.
• Calculates annual FUTA Credit Reduction amounts by property and ensures proper invoicing to properties
• Audits employee tax set ups to ensure correct local reporting
• Resolves out-of-balance conditions between Payroll System and tax vendor
• Researches and responds to all tax notices and ensure proper invoicing
• Serves as the payroll tax expert and representative to all internal and external parties
• Manages and stays abreast of all payroll legislative changes to stay 100% compliant
• Other related payroll tax duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications for the Payroll Tax Analyst:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting/related field or experience in related field preferred
• Minimum 3 years of payroll tax experience in a large multi-state/multi-entity company
• Strong customer service skills, including verbal and written communications
• A background in a fast paced, dynamic, multi-priority environment, is a must
• Good understanding of employee taxing in a multi-state environment and localities in Pennsylvania and Ohio
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word is required
• CPP preferred