Sr. Mgr, Online Content & Merch
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Puma North America Inc.
For 70 years, PUMA has developed fast products for the fastest athletes on the planet. Every day, our 13,000 employees across 120+ countries rally our SPEED & SPIRIT to deliver the iconic footwear, apparel and accessories capable of pushing sport and fashion forward.
The PUMA world extends across Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf, Motorsports and design collaborations with icons such as Rihanna. But wherever you are, whether it's on the pitch, the runway or in the streets, the PUMA touch is instantly felt in the undeniable joy and excitement we bring to sport, fashion and culture. The PUMA Group owns the brands PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Maximize web store performance (i.e., conversion rate, average order value, units per transaction), with particular focus on making continuous improvements in:
- Online customer experience
- Online merchandising
- Site Shopability
- Site searchandising
- Product Photography
- Site Content Optimization
- Product Customization
- Search engine optimization
- Ownership of executing all online creative on Puma.com, including homepage, gender page, and all special collection page creative on the site.
- Lead and facilitate consumer-facing merchandising of men's, women's, kids', Puma Collections, on Puma.com to help drive average order value, units per transaction and total site revenue.
- Facilitate and lead cross functional meetings with teams including buying, planning, distributors, and marketing to ensure puma products are live, assorted correctly, have all relevant content.
- Take active lead in weekly ecommerce business reviews across analytics, merchandising, marketing, customer service and fulfillment to ensure all areas are aligned.
- Lead the Online Merchandising Team with direct reports responsible for:
- The visual merchandising of products across the entire site
- Back end data management, including item master data as well as relevant content.
- Partner with the Marketing team on creating appropriate and relevant copy for each product, including customer facing romance copy and technical features and benefits.
- Oversee photography of all seasonal assortments, ensuring photography is shot to style guides and delivered in time for product to go live.
- Manage all front-end upgrades / projects for the website, including adding new features and functions, bug fixes, and data feeds in coordination with Global Ecommerce, as necessary
- Participate in creative and marketing concept meetings to identify and recommend appropriate product(s) to be featured in planned marketing campaigns, sales promotions and monthly site updates
- Take proactive role in working with the Global Creative team to help shape the content asset development for puma.com.
- Use website analytics tools, such as Omniture, to conduct regular analysis of content, product and collection productivity to identify trends and opportunities.
- Participate in line-close, "Black-Out" meetings and product presentations to get advance notice of forthcoming product lines; incorporate learnings into merchandising plans.
- Regularly review competitive landscape for features and trends as they relate to best practices for online merchandisers.
- Strong experience (3-5 years) managing some or all of the key business functions described above in an ecommerce, direct marketing or multi-channel retail environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze target customer groups, understand their shopping behavior and desires, and craft online merchandising strategies that respond to these needs.
- Demonstrated success at growing an ecommerce, direct marketing or multi-channel retail business through business and technical innovation - ideally with experience in both strategy development and operational execution.
- Experience managing vendor relationship and negotiating contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, "self-starter" environment serving as a catalyst for change and managing multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and focused on quality control and execution efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to manage subordinates, work with internal colleagues, and manage external vendors through a positive, collaborative, and transparent inter-personal approach.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; for example demonstrated through operational reporting and presentations in a business context.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required. MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: