Supply Chain Design Manager
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
As a member of Nike's Supply Chain Advanced Analytics team, you will work alongside experienced advanced analytics and management consulting professionals passionate about driving innovation in Nike's global supply chain strategy and operations. We are inventing Nike's supply chain of the future and solving operations challenges to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantage.
The Global Supply Chain Design Manager works in a fast-paced environment to help our Nike clients globally to solve challenging strategic supply chain questions. They think critically to tackle difficult challenges and are seeking a continuous learning, high-growth opportunity where they can have an immediate impact. They have strong quantitative background in operations research and statistics, data analysis and modeling as well as knowledge of supply chain optimization, operations, and inventory management. They are strong communicators who are endlessly curious, who take pride in hard work and are committed to rapidly advancing their knowledge and expertise.
- BA or MSc in Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, Business Analytics, or similar quantitative focus from a top-rated university plus 2-5 years of professional experience. In lieu of a degree an additional 5 years of experience is acceptable.
- Strong quantitative (i.e. statistics, optimization, simulation), data visualization and communication skills
- Experience in visualization, coding, big data technologies, data science and/or modeling software (e.g., Tableau, SQL, Alteryx, R, Python, AIMMS, AnyLogic, Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru, Rapid Miner, Spark)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new advanced analytics toolsets quickly and independently
- Ability to communicate complex concepts simply, verbally and in writing. Ability to create high quality project reports and simple, succinct, visually compelling PowerPoint presentations
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems independently in ambiguous situations with limited direction
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to collaborate and team well with project manager(s) and a diverse geographically diffuse set of "virtual" team members and stakeholders
- Working knowledge of supply chain management concepts a plus
- Ability to effectively present information; respond to questions from leadership team, clients, and colleagues; influence decision making; and implement project deliverables
- Ability to develop project plans including the creation of detailed work plans and timelines
Salt & Straw