Account Exec, Skate/Lifestyle, America
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nike
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We're a company ready for change and that's who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that's why we hire individuals. So we're speaking the same language.
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world - from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan - Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike's success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.
As a Converse Skate/Lifestyle Account Executive, you'll grow and optimize sales of Converse product (Footwear, Apparel & Accessories) on the East Coast by achieving sales goals with established accounts and new doors. You'll be accountable for selling to small, medium and large-size accounts through Futures and At-Once business. You'll be responsible for elevating the Converse Brand in brick and mortar retail stores and online. You'll develop accurate and realistic seasonal assortments, forecasts and scenario plans; meet all reporting deadlines, including expense reports; and develop semi-annual account business plans with monthly revenue objectives for all accounts. You will display a deep understanding of our consumers in the skate and street style arena and a passion for the sneaker and skate culture we serve - performing market research and summarizing feedback to share. You'll stay current on product and product changes, cancellations, credit holds and at once sales and work to balance the merchandising needs of the account with Converse product placement objectives. You'll solicit and submit orders and ensure the timely coordination of order tracking, retail release and launch information, order confirmation, cancellations/summaries and delivery information. You'll meet all order management deadlines in a timely and consistent manner. You'll increase sell-in and sell-through by preparing, planning and delivering clear and persuasive merchandising and product presentations. You'll actively participate in corporate meetings, including Go To Market meetings and pre lines where applicable for your accounts. You'll also be accountable for knowledge of Converse's competitor's policies, programs and products, as well as territory and national demographics and economic influences. In addition, you'll demonstrate leadership through account relationships and influence within the Independent retail landscape...you are truly an ambassador for the Converse brand. Ideal candidates will live in theNYC or New England territory withwillingness to effectively travel and service retailers.
- 5 years' additional sales experience required in lieu of degree - footwear and/or apparel industry preferred
- 5 + years' overall business experience that could include field sales, retail buying, sales business planning and/or sales business analysis experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- Knowledge of SAP, B2B, sales programs, policies and procedures and retailer business operations is strongly preferred
- A love of Skate Culture
- Ability to display and foster a passion for the culture and community we serve
- Merchandising experience is strongly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to be results-oriented and make constant progress towards and achieve sales goals
- Understanding of the competitive market, customers and retail trends
- Ability to use financial data to make decisions and maximize account profitability
- Ability to develop seasonal assortments, forecasts and scenario plans
- Ability to understand business issues, find creative ways to solve problems and make sound decisions that benefit Converse.
- Ability to develop and maintain fair and honest relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Strong communication skills, including the abilities to elicit information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, negotiate tense situations and manage and resolve conflict
- Ability to communicate effectively with clear, concise written messages through memos, emails and reports
- Consistently meet deadlines for planning and order management
- Ability to prepare, plan and deliver clear and persuasive sales presentations
- Ability to travel to assigned accounts up to 25% of the time
- Ability to grasp, carry and move samples up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to travel to sales meetings, trade shows, market trips, etc.
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.
Morgan Stanley USA