Assistant Manager - Valparaiso
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Planet Fitness
We are searching for an Assistant Manager to join our team! As a key member of our staff, you will be responsible for assisting the oversight of club operations to ensure an exceptional Judgement Free member experience!
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Create staffing schedules with the assurance that all shifts are regularly covered.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct reports by training and coaching staff members to provide exceptional customer service.
- Resolve employee issues or concerns in a professional manner.
- Provide backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Customer Service/Front Desk Activities:
- Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer service and doing your best to make members feel comfortable and welcomed!
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members in, tour and sign up new members, log amenities and communicate updates and events to members and guests.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Conduct beverage or merchandise purchases on the point of sale system.
- Utilize POS system to assist with new membership cards, change of address and billing or payment questions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds.
- Club Cleanliness and Maintenance:
- Keep the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- Regular facility cleaning and upkeep such as mopping up spills under equipment, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors, and re-racking weights.
- Regular cleaning of all exercise equipment and tanning beds.
- Ensure restrooms are clean, stocked and clutter free by creating and following routine cleaning schedule.
- Oversee the safety of employees, members and club property by determining when equipment or facilities are in need of repair and communicating to Facilities Maintenance team in a timely manner.
- Oversee the ordering of club supplies using specific budget based on club requirements.
- Track Key Performance Indicators such as guest counts, cancels, info calls (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Manage marketing efforts by ensure that staff is aware and trained on all marketing promotions.
- 1 year of customer service experience is preferred, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft office Suite).
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional leadership and diplomacy skills.
- A passion for health and fitness.
- Physical Demands/Requirements:
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.