Exec Dir, Kentucky/West Virginia Alliance of s
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by YMCA
Are you strategic? Highly organized? Collaborative? Do you thrive on helping YMCAs build capacity to better serve their communities?
YMCA of Central Kentucky
Executive Director is charged with building the capacity of YMCAs in Kentucky and West Virginia using performance consulting methodology and strategic work to assess Ys' highest business needs and the delivery of strategic services. This position focuses on board governance, strategic planning, collaborations and networks, and other strategic needs as identified by local Y CEOs, Y boards, and the Alliances. The position also supports strategic Alliance functions in these areas for the two different states, working in cooperation with Alliance CEO's, Alliance volunteer leadership, and Alliance committees as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree
- Organizational Leadership certification required, or achieved within three years of employment
- 5 or more years' experience leading or consulting in non-profit environments
- Skilled and experienced in Performance Consulting Methodology (Partner, Assess, Implement, & Measure) or similar consulting methodologies
- Extensive background developing and delivering strategic processes in core essential functions
- Possess a proven ability to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships across a broad range of stakeholders
- Outstanding project management skills and the ability to manage complex priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership competencies as listed below
- Must be able to travel a minimum of 50-60%, mostly within KY and WV; valid driver's license required
Build organizational capacity of Alliance Member Ys
- Facilitate strategic planning and board governance, consistent with Movement best practices.
- Educating Alliance Member Ys on the resources and tools available, and coordinating services provided by an Alliance.
- Identify and facilitate management agreements, shared services and educating Alliance Member Ys on best practices related to mergers between YMCA associations
- Identify Alliance Member Ys for referral and Association Advancement Unit support as needed based on defined criteria set forth by Y-USA.
Build strong networks to provide opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and support
- Manage ongoing volunteer engagement and relationship-building among Alliance Member Ys through in-person events and virtual networks. Engage Alliance Member Y CEOs, volunteers and staff.
- Work closely with the Y Professional Network chapter leadership to strengthen network and utilize peer communities (and neighborhoods if applicable).
Develop Alliance Infrastructure
- Grantee is expected to develop the appropriate staffing infrastructure to provide the following support
- Work with the Alliance to create and achieve the goals outlined in the strategic plan approved by the Alliance.
- Provide fiscal management to achieve state alliance priorities: Set fiscal goals including supervising and maintaining the Alliance's operating budget and securing multiple funding streams providing a stable financial foundation and the opportunity for impactful statewide programs and initiatives.
- Effectively communicate to internal and external audience and ensure that the mission, vision, value and goals outlined by the Alliance are aligned with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide guidance on board governance and ensure that the Alliance is operating in compliance with state and federal regulations and Y-USA practices that may be provided by Y-USA.
Form collaborations to advance the strategic goals of the Alliance
- Identify and participate in strategic alliances and coalitions of like-minded organizations to meet Alliance objectives.
- Connect and align with Movement priorities, sharing opportunities and challenges with other Alliances.
- Support statewide program initiatives, such as Youth and Government.
Advocate and advance the state alliance's legislative priorities
- Set the legislative agenda and track and advocate on key issues.
- Target and cultivate relationships with key policymakers and elected officials.
- Manage contract lobbyist and organize events to raise visibility of Alliance Member Ys as valued resource on healthy living, youth development and social responsibility.
- Review and utilize the State Alliance Best Practices to guide advocacy efforts. Engage with Y-USA's Government Relations & Policy Office, communicating critical state and local issues and advance federal legislative priorities.
- Regional Alliances: Maintain state-specific advocacy work.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Executive Director will continually work to build and strengthen their Leadership Competencies, with an emphasis on the following:
- Change Leadership
- Communication & Influence
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- Functional Expertise
- Program/Project Management
- Developing Self & Others
- Emotional Maturity
$104,000.00 - $130,000.00
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Resumes Accepted Until