Project-Designer I, Motion Graphics
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by ESPN
The Project Designer I, Motion Graphics is responsible for the creation, development and deployment of VizRT real-time graphic directories at an intermediate level. This position provides creative support for daily production and long-range assignments, contributes to group projects, and works independently on assignments when needed. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess strong conceptualization skills, the ability to offer unique creative solutions, change direction easily, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, exploit new technology, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain the quality of ESPN's on-air product.
This Project is 18 months in length.
- Utilize Viz Artist, Viz Trio, transition logic and scripting skills to create advanced Viz graphic directories for studio and remote events.
- Translate project details and creative direction into real-time motion graphics solutions.
- Provide Viz scene/directory technical support.
- Adhere to proper file management, Viz Hub maintenance techniques, time entry and daily reporting requirements.
- Maintain high degree of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Possess strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- 1-2 years' experience with Viz Artist and Viz Trio.
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your VizRT skills.
- Occasional travel and the expectation to work flexible hours (nights/weekends/holidays) as assignment needs require.
- Viz Scripting and transition logic experience.
- Familiarity with ESPN programming and family of networks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.