Innovation Engineering Intern (6 Months)
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by New Balance
NOTE: Length of Internship is 6 Months, located in Lawrence, MA
As an engineering intern/co-op, you will analyze and drive innovation in product and manufacturing technology in New Balance domestic manufacturing with the goal of strengthening US domestic manufacturing as a competitive advantage. You will analyze new advanced manufacturing trends and techniques, automation and assembly technologies seeking opportunities to create new capabilities, improve processes, reduce cost and enhance domestic manufacturing capability. You will help the team ensure that new processes are smoothly introduced from pilot programs through commercialization and that issues are quickly identified and resolved. You will support the Manufacturing Innovation Department in its efforts to pilot and validate new manufacturing processes and equipment. In this role, you will be responsible for research, design of experiments, process simulation, data capture and analysis and machine modification. In your daily routine, you will work with multiple engineers, technicians and designers on a variety of projects. The job is located at the New Balance facility in Lawrence, MA and the New Balance factory in Brighton, MA.
- Machine troubleshooting
- Pilots and validates new equipment
- Documents findings and presents results and recommendations
- Successfully documents new processes and insures successful transitions to other teams
- Create DOEs for successful onboarding of new equipment
- Troubleshoots and works with technicians and engineers to problem solveREQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Pursuing a B.S in in Engineering or Science (Mechanical preferred)
- Sophomore (+) or must be associated with a formal co-op program
- Enjoys working in a hands-on, maker space environment with prototype and machine shop equipment
- Collaboration and team work essential
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or Solidworks
- Graphic design (Adobe) is a plus
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.