Sr Coordinator of Aquatics
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by YMCA
The YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities is now hiring for a Senior Coordinator of Aquatics - Lifeguard and Safety in Rochester, MN
YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities
The Senior Coordinator of Lifeguard and Safety provides daily direction and supervision for Lifeguards and Safety staff. The incumbent assists the Program Manager in meeting established participation and revenue goals. The incumbent hires, trains and supervises staff.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in Aquatics programs
- Minimum of 6 months supervisory experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Certifications required within 45 days of hire: BLS, First Aid, Emergency Oxygen Administration, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor, nationally accredited lifeguard certification (may not teach/guard until certifications are complete)
- Complete Deck Manager training prior to working on deck
- Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse population
- Degree in Recreation, Management, physical education or related field.
- Current Lifeguard Instructor Certification.
- Provides daily direction and supervision for Lifeguard and Safety and other Aquatics as needed.
- Assists in the implementation of programs, assessment of staff technical abilities, evaluate program results, identify areas for improvement to achieve desired goals and objectives.
- Recruits, hires, on boards, trains and supervises staff.
- Ensures a high level of customer service which enhances the member, program participant and guest experience and satisfaction.
- Participates in the budget process and manages day to day programing to ensure revenue, program goals, and expense targets are achieved.
- Assists in the process to ensure the quality, cleanliness and maintenance of and the Aquatics program areas.
- Delivers Aquatics programs directly to members and participants a portion of the time.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Developing Others
- Decision Making
- Quality Results
- Functional Expertise
Opens a new window