Product Dev Intern - Summer 2019
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
Product Development Intern
This full-time summer internship that gives college students interested in the apparel industry the opportunity to work in an inspirational and dynamic culture. You'll have an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes at a major licensed sports apparel company. You will benefit from on the job training and mentoring along with participation in professional development events, projects and workshops . Interns will receive the opportunity to enhance their interpersonal skills, build professional relationships and of course, build their resumes. An intern should expect to contribute individually and as a team member to support a designated functional area, and work toward goals and objectives assigned by an experienced manager.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills . • Candidates with prior related experience and/or who have strong interest in this area . • Upper-class undergraduate students majoring in: Product Development, Fashion Design, Retail Management or related field . • Proficiency in MS Office Suite programs including: MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint , Adobe Creative Suite, and Adobe Illustrator. • Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred
Preferred Qualifications :
• Fit & Pattern Making . • Advanced Excel skills
Working with the Product Development Department:
• Assist & learn from all pillars of the PD department
• Understand and apply the Product Development processes as they relate to the Time & Action calendar, product development cycles, internal departments and external communications
• Assist in fittings, measuring garments, creating and updating specs
• Track and QC graphic strike-offs and stitch-outs
• Understand and apply graphic placement and sizing as it relates to a specific style
• Communicate garment and graphic submit comments to vendors and internal departments
• Update the Spec Repository and Status Summary Report using Excel
• Update comps (CADs), create graphic masters, and create black & white sketches for specs using Illustrator
• Swatch and file fabric and color submits and update lab dip trackers. Prepare swatches for vendors
• Assist Sample Department in preparing garments for Sales force, Dealer Shows, etc.
• Participate in the strategic, ideating creative process related to line planning, business analysis & market research.
• Understand the target customer and relevant market trends