Key Account Manager - Indianapolis
Posted on Nov 30, 2018 by Puma North America Inc.
For 70 years, PUMA has developed fast products for the fastest athletes on the planet. Every day, our 13,000 employees across 120+ countries rally our SPEED & SPIRIT to deliver the iconic footwear, apparel and accessories capable of pushing sport and fashion forward.
The PUMA world extends across Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf, Motorsports and design collaborations with icons such as Rihanna. But wherever you are, whether it's on the pitch, the runway or in the streets, the PUMA touch is instantly felt in the undeniable joy and excitement we bring to sport, fashion and culture. The PUMA Group owns the brands PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Provide the highest level of service and product expertise each season from sell-in to sell-thru, driven by PUMA strategic goals
- Manage & direct selling of footwear for national account base within Athletic Sp
- Develop financial plans and forward looking strategies to attack new business opportunities.
- Knowledge and discipline to adhere to distribution guidelines. Executes excellence through assortment, visuals and marketing collateral
- Strong strategic negations & presentation skills, by developing and using effective strategies to convince others or to gain their support. Builds a strong case by linking PUMA product knowledge and know-how to customers' interests, needs and goals.
- Proactive account management, by identifying opportunities to improve existing business and create new business.
- Possess strong working knowledge of all Retail Math & Order Book Management.
- Communicates effectively across all functions and levels of the organization.
- Coordinate and prepare seasonal footwear product presentations to be presented to senior management internal and externally.
- Achieve sales goals by quarter and category as defined by VP of Sales.
- Manage account level P&L to deliver targeted GM$ requirements.
- Develop seasonal marketing plans to support key initiatives.
- Seasonal Forecasting by account.
- Continual sales analysis to manage product life cycles, inventory models and rates of sale.
- Monitor competitor's activities and performance, along with implementing strategies and tactics to compete.
- Attend regional and national sales meetings and trade shows as requested.
- BS or BA Degree required.
- 7+ years of footwear sales or relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional follow through and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of national competitive landscape.
- Understanding of retailer's financial metrics- sales, inventory, turn, GM$.
- Ability to effectively manage time and work against business deadlines.
- High level of energy, initiative, and professionalism.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to business issues.
- Results oriented person with technical product knowledge.
- Must be proficient on MS Office (word, excel, power-point, etc).
- Significant travel to accounts, pertinent markets, and corporate offices
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: