Digital Footwear Engineer Il
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
Innovation is oxygen for Nike, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.
The NXT Digital Innovation team provides a competitive advantage to our creation teams by fueling product innovation and craft. To accomplish this, we leverage the power of modern technologies, skillsets and services. We are seeking a FW Computational Designer II who has a strong design portfolio, expertise in 2D and 3D product design and computational design software, and experience in footwear product design is a benefit. As our FW Computational Designer II, you'll work with the footwear design team to identify new digital capabilities, design products and streamline product design, development and manufacturing. You'll leverage your expertise of 2D and 3D software design tools to help design great product. You will have a solid understanding of computational design best practices. You also are familiar with advanced digital skills and understand how to integrate them with footwear product creation best practices. In your portfolio of work, you should have clear examples of how you've worked on key product lines with complex design requirements. You'll collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and participate in the creation of best-in-class product.
- Work hands-on to digitally design products leveraging industry standard 2D and 3D software technologies.
- Multi-task and concurrently execute on several products.
- Partner on the product lifecycle process with the Design, Development and Engineering organizations.
- Collaborate with NXT (Nike Innovation) and Product Creation partners to drive towards process and technology change.
- Participate on multiple interdisciplinary project teams.
- Clearly communicate project status and manage priorities.
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and making persuasive presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or Computer Science. Masters in Industrial Design or Computer Science preferred.
- In lieu of degree, 6+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Several examples of successfully launched products that demonstrate complex product design solutions.
- At least 6+ years experience using 2D and 3D design software
- Prefer 5+ years experience in footwear product design
- Prefer 3+ years experience in computational design or advanced CAD design
- Prefer 3+ years experience with 3D printing solutions and machine/material offering
- Ability to develop simple and elegant solutions to complex design problems
- Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team; communicate and influence throughout organizations
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Can work with grace under pressure
- Expert skills with Rhino, Grasshopper and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Intermediate skills with Maya, Mudbox, Zbrush and T-Splines.
- Intermediate-level skills with Python and VB.