Business Integration Planner - Brand
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Nike
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness. Employees in merchandising, product branding, sports marketing and sales bring creativity, innovation and audacious design to footwear and apparel, all with one mission in mind: help athletes fly on and off the court.
As aBusinessIntegration Plannerfor North America Demand Planning within Demand Supply Management (DSM), you'll collaborate with cross functional category and marketplace partners to develop and maintain integrated demand plans for channels across seasons and demand streams. This includes:
- Capture quantitative and qualitative insights and drive alignment on key product classifications & franchises.
- Build consensus and alignment across key stakeholders on the category forecast.
- Work across corporate process dates and gates to build a plan that meets customer and consumer demand.
- Actively address forecast variances and improve forecasting accuracy.
- Deliver quantitative marketplace insights and conduct research to estimate market demand to identify key growth opportunities.
- Analyze internal category demand information using statistical analysis and data-driven decision-making tools.
- Support and inform category decision-making by leveraging point of sale data, internal financial metrics, external marketplace data and qualitative customer insights.
- Identify potential opportunities and/or risks in thebusinessagainst inventory plans; develop actionable recommendations.
- Support stakeholders and leadership through key alignment meetings for demand and supply.
- Lead monthly category marketplace health reviews, partnering with Inventory Planning, Category Ops and DemandPlanners.
- Drive seasonal categorybusinessreviews.
- Bachelor's degree inBusiness, Finance, Sales, Fashion, Marketing or a related field
- 2 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years' experience in Buying, Planning, Allocation and/or Vendor Sales for a multi-store retailer
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Experience in gross margin profitability planning
- Ability to create monthly reports, top line sales plans, track promotional calendar/events and pre-meeting prep
- Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred
- Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact thebusiness
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc
- Experience with planning software/tools and merchandise management systems is preferred
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiplebusinessfunctions
- Strong team player and ability to work with the cross functional partners and senior management on all aspects of thebusiness