Sr Finance Analyst - Global Foreign Exchange Risk
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nike
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity, and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At NIKE, it's about each person bringing skills, and passion to a challenging, and constantly evolving game.
NIKE Global Treasury designs, implements, and communicates the risk mitigation strategies and funding mechanisms needed to make the world's largest sports brand run faster, smarter, and more securely. NIKE Global Treasury leverages internal and external relationships to ensure that NIKE is poised to achieve growth initiatives. Global Treasury works alongside business partners to ensure effective foreign exchange risk management, global liquidity and capital planning, as well as develops poignant presentations and insightful commentary to provide a forward-looking view of macroeconomic conditions. Global Treasury covers global foreign exchange, cash and banking, capital planning, trade finance operations and risk finance and claims. Treasury professionals are familiar with each functional area, and drive growth through many strategic partnerships within NIKE. Simply put, Global Treasury supports many roles to help the business grow. NIKE Global Treasury brings together strategy, macroeconomic perspectives, and process excellence to create value for the consumer. We deliver risk mitigation strategies, funding solutions, and planning capabilities that enable NIKE, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Our focus is to ensure that risk management strategies are seamlessly implemented and executed, while liquidity is properly placed to maximize consumer value, achieve marketplace opportunities, and bolster and protect profitable business growth.
As a Senior Financial Analyst within Global Foreign Exchange (FX) Risk Management, you will be a leader in the NIKE Global Treasury group and collaborate with NIKE's Corporate Finance teams. The successful candidate will bring to the team a solid background in finance and some understanding of foreign exchange markets as we continue to evolve our global capabilities to gain efficiencies and maximize experiences. The ability to craft high-quality communications for senior leadership is essential. Our ideal candidate should likewise be passionate about collaborating with global teammates, storytelling, fostering an innovative and positive environment, and learning new topics to improve our strategic and analytical capabilities. In addition, you'll get to work alongside truly talented people, and help them enhance their performance by promoting collaboration and innovation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Forecasting, modeling, and analyzing / reporting FX exposures in collaboration with business planning managers in the region
- Crafting compelling stories built on macro-economic insights and quantitative analysis
- Creating high-quality content for senior leadership to support strategic proposals
- Building presentation tools to improve reporting of global foreign exchange risk
- Clearly and concisely communicating complex topics throughout the organization
- Forecasting, modeling, and reporting the impact to profitability from the re-measurement of balance sheet exposures, hedging such exposures, and analyzing results
- FX execution for NIKE entities around the globe in collaboration with our other FX execution centers in Asia (Singapore) and Europe (EHQ)
- Collaborating closely with regional and global accounting and treasury teams to understand the monthly impact of FX on profitability
- Participation in and execution of NIKE's FX hedging strategy
- Interpreting and communicating changes of FX rates
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Finance, Economics, or other business related field, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in finance, with corporate treasury or foreign exchange experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of leadership within the organization
- Strong skills with creative mediums such as PowerPoint or Keynote
- Comfortable working on complex cross-functional tasks, and asking questions to gain clarity
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; comfortable building and interpreting models in Excel
- Positive team member, with a desire to improve through collaboration and innovation
- Ability to work both independently and with a global / cross-functional team to execute deliverables
- Prior experience working with Bloomberg, TM1, SAP or S4/Hana is plus, but not required
- Basic understanding of accounting principles (US GAAP) for foreign currency exposures and hedges is a plus, but not required