Producer I, MMA/Boxing
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by ESPN
Works with talent to develop creative show concepts and elements for use across ESPN platforms. Responsible for formatting the show and ensuring the topics are covered in an accurate and entertaining fashion. They need to be flexible in their thought process to not only demonstrate creativity, but display an understanding of ESPN content strategies.
- Coordinates with members of the production and technical staffs to create informative and entertaining combat sports programs
- Organizes and evaluates the content for combat sports news stories; determines the agendas and flow of assigned sports news stories
- Oversees a staff of Segment Producers, Associate Producers and Production Assistants who create and develop content.
- Adjust program content to accommodate breaking news situations; interprets breaking news and translates it into program content
- Operates within the context of defined sports news program concepts, objectives and outcomes
- Produces assigned combat sports programs independently with regular guidance from the responsible Sr Managing Producer
- Work is reviewed by the responsible Sr Managing Producer at regular intervals and milestones
- Participates in or develops concepts and content for assigned sports news stories to reach viewers and to increase ESPN's market penetration, ratings and viewership and engagement across all platforms
- Determines the content and focus of each assigned sports news program including the stories comprising the program; identifies and follows-up on emerging stories and breaking news
- Uses mastery of combat sports knowledge and news judgment to determine the agenda, concepts and content of assigned programs
- Leads the assigned on-air staff to create and write creative and compelling content for assigned program; participates in or leads the development of most or all of the creative concepts of assigned programs
- Understand data metrics and how to best use that information to inform content creation.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional production experience
- Detailed technical knowledge required, must have knowledge of what "works" on all platforms (TV, Digital, Social) and what is realistic to accomplish in time allotted for show production
- A good appreciation of popular culture, e.g., "what's cool" and a good understanding of ESPN's marketing and strategies
- Has good production skills related to sporting events
- Has an established knowledge of combat sports and their history
- Is an experienced supervisor with good leadership skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Good writing and copy editing skills
- Knowledge of televisions production and video editing in digital and analog environments
- Specific knowledge of content production technique used in a digital control room
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.