Analytics Grad Internship
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Nike
Nike Analytics serves multiple functions across the enterprise, such as: Global Operations & Logistics, Global Consumer Knowledge, Demand & Supply Management, and Global Product & Merchandising. As a Nike Analytics intern, you will be responsible for assessing and analyzing data to better serve our consumers, as well as our athletes.
Global Operations & Logistics:
Nike's Operations team ensures that every year over one billion pieces of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right destination on time across the globe. The complex process involves 60+ distribution nodes, thousands of accounts, and over 100,000 retail doors. The team constantly pushes to become faster, more efficient, more reliable, and more flexible, while minimizing its environmental impact, to support changing consumer needs.
Global Consumer Knowledge:
Nike's Consumer Knowledge is a growing team responsible for building and deepening a holistic view of Nike's consumers through data and analytics. The team applies deep consumer insights and knowledge to inform the development of incredible digital services and experiences that accelerate the growth and potential of Nike's digital business.
Demand & Supply Management:
Consumer demand is Nike demand. We'll get the right product into the hands of the consumer faster through end-to-end demand and supply management by leveraging an Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process that is fueled by consistent data and advanced analytics. We'll drive marketplace health and mutual profitability by managing inventory investments and optimizing liquidation when necessary.
Global Product & Merchandising:
The Analytics Capabilities function in Nike Global Product and Merchandising Analytics is comprised of data science; merchandising ; product creation and consumer sensing. These teams work closely together using an analytics agile methodology to create capabilities which add significant value to the business. We do this through use of an algorithmic approach developed by the data science team. The capabilities teams works with the business functions to ensure the algorithms being developed meet their needs.
- Pursuing a Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Statistics) with an expected graduation of Winter 2019 or Spring 2020
- Strong technical and analytical skillset; familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint, Access required; experience with Microsoft BI, Tableau, SAS, Stata, R, Python, SQL, or Alteryx preferred
- Ability to project plan, lead, executive, and deliver compelling and actionable user research in a face-paced environment, balancing rigor and speed
- Prior experience synthesizing and packaging complex analyses and delivering results to non-technical audiences including senior leadership teams
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making. Strong project management experience managing multiple project streams and complexity
- Proven ability to use strategic tools and frameworks to analyze complex strategic problems, develop clear recommendations and present findings
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, develop hypotheses, perform rigorous analyses, and make recommendations to broader audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including superior presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and open to learning new tools/techniques
- Passionate about Nike products and the consumer