Intern, Footwear Merch - Wholesale
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Puma North America Inc.
For 70 years, PUMA has developed fast products for the fastest athletes on the planet. Every day, our 13,000 employees across 120+ countries rally our SPEED & SPIRIT to deliver the iconic footwear, apparel and accessories capable of pushing sport and fashion forward.
The PUMA world extends across Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf, Motorsports and design collaborations with icons such as Rihanna. But wherever you are, whether it's on the pitch, the runway or in the streets, the PUMA touch is instantly felt in the undeniable joy and excitement we bring to sport, fashion and culture. The PUMA Group owns the brands PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Assist in the review of product assortments, ensuring appropriate product positioning and alignment with brand strategies
- Creation and maintenance of quarterly visual sales and merchandising tools for internal and external product presentations
- Assist in the set-up and tear down of seasonal product meetings
- Attend account product and strategy meetings
- Expand business knowledge of US product marketplace and current trends in the footwear industry
- Gain understanding of wholesale merchandising organizations and processes
- Voice relevant and researched opinions during internal strategic meetings
- Assist with administrative tasks, including (but not limited to) order entry, updating tracking documents/samples, shipping, cataloging samples and filing.
- Managing "Special Make Up" sample products regionally created for various business units and seeing the process from beginning to end
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize workloads, and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Exhibit the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues
- Excellent quantitative and organizational skills
- Very strong computer skills, especially MS Office Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box
- Entrepreneurial spirit and energy
- Detail oriented, resourceful, self-motivated and proactive
- Proven ability to work independently and multi-task
- Inquisitive and curious nature
- Ability to collect data, examine it and share an informed conclusion
- Be a team player
- Must be able to commit to 3-4 days per week from January - June 2019
- Must have your own car
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: