Service Desk Analyst
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by MLB Advanced Media
The Service Desk Analyst is a cornerstone of the Service Desk and the greater IT team. As a member of the Service Desk Support team, you are the first point of contact with the IT Department for the majority of the business and as such you have to command not only excellent technical and customer service skills, but the professionalism and initiative to get problems resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Providing first and second level helpdesk support, including but not limited to receiving calls, opening and logging service desk tickets, addressing issues that can be quickly resolved, and routing/escalating trouble tickets to the appropriate resource.
- Installing and configuring both Apple Mac and Windows PC hardware and software.
- Imaging Apple Mac and Windows PCs for deployment to end users.
- Diagnosing and repairing hardware faults for Apple Macs and Windows PCs.
- Replacing parts as required for both Apple Macs and Windows PCs.
- Responding to calls within SLAs and updating tickets for tasks completed.
- Effectively prioritizing calls to ensure those that have greatest impact on the business are resolved first.
- Seeking support from the Service Desk Lead and/or Supervisor for overdue incidents, or where more experience is required in resolving a call.
- Escalating major incidents to IT management quickly and clearly.
- Document issue resolution for Service Desk knowledge base.
- Part of on-call rotation.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in Help Desk Support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, able to clearly communicate steps to resolve end user's issues.
- Strong Knowledge of Mac OSX 10.11, 10.10, 10.9 and 10.8 in an Active Directory and enterprise environment.
- Strong Knowledge of Windows 7, 8, and 10 in an Active Directory and enterprise environment.
- Experience diagnosing issues with MS Office for Windows and Mac platforms.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Administration.
- Basic understanding of Network Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP etc).
- Working Knowledge of common email clients such as Outlook for Mac, Apple Mail, and Outlook for Windows in an enterprise environment.
- Strong Customer Service mentality and strong multitasking ability.
- Apple Support Certifications a plus.
- Experience supporting Adobe Creative Cloud experience a plus.
- Experience supporting users in an Office365 environment is a plus.